Why do we need your personal data?
In providing your personal data to us, you consent to Beachlife using the data to meet our commitments to you. It also enables us to give you the service you expect from us. We will need your data for;
- 1. Placing an order
- 2. Delivering your items
- 3. Returning your items
- 4. Contact with our customer service
We are also allowed to use your data to provide you with the best possible personal service. This means we want you to have the best experience on our website. Of course, we always keep your privacy in mind when;
- 1. processing your order;
- 2. providing you with items, services and information you have requested;
- 3. providing you with information, goods or services that are offered on our website regarding billing and delivery purposes;
- 4. checking and executing financial transactions related to online payments;
- 5. managing your personal Beachlife account;
- 6. placing your reviews;
- 7. regulating information that is downloaded from our website;
- 8. measuring and monitoring the use of our website for improving the quality and content of our website;
- 9. personalizing the content and lay-out of our website;
- 10. organising our events and inviting you to events;
- 11. profiling (this enables us to give you personal advice or show you personalized ads);
- 12. organising special offers;
- 13. complying with the legal or regulatory provisions that apply to us;
- 14. providing you with general or direct marketing tools like newsletters or social media content.
We can also have a legal obligation to use your personal data, for instance when we suspect fraud. We can only collect your data when you have given permission to use your data. Please keep in mind you can also do this by signing up for our newsletter or by participating in one of our campaigns.
Who had access to your data?
We will only pass your information on to third parties when necessary to fulfil a transaction, complete a service, or when required by law. This concerns these parties; delivery companies, payment partners and IT-service partners. Media- and advertising agencies are involved when we want to give you personal advise or show you personalized ads. Additionally, we will share your data if such sharing is required by law or to protect against potential or suspected fraud.
Where is your data stored?
We store your information in our secured database in the Netherlands. We follow strict security measures. In the exceptional case when your data is being passed on to countries outside of the EU, we will always ensure your privacy is being protected in an appropriate way. For several countries this is officially recognised in this agreement by the European Commission. Some American parties have registered under the Privacy Shield that offers adequate protection. If these measures do not apply, we work with official contracts that have been specially made to protect your privacy.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or as long as we are required by law. After this your personal data will be deleted. We might keep some non-personal data, certain data like order value we might need to keep for intern analysis or rapports. This data is then stored anonymously.
- As long as you have a Beachlife account, we will keep your personal data. Inactive accounts will be removed after 7 years. After this period, we will only use non-personal data (stored anonymously) from the deleted account for intern rapports.
- We are required by law to save our financial administration; including your order-, invoice- and payment information for 7 years. You should also save the conformations and receipts from your own payments.
- By subscribing to our newsletter and/or by giving permission to receive personalised messages, you have given use permission to collect your data. We save proof of your agreement for 5 years. If you unsubscribe from the newsletter and/or personalised messages, we keep your request for un-subscription. We store the mails we send you for 60 days, so you do not receive the same email more than once. After that period, we use the data only anonymously for intern rapports.
We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book keeping rules or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. You can always correct or change your personal information under ‘My account’ on our website, or you can ask us to change your personal information by email or letter. You can withdraw your consent to us for using the data for marketing purposes by email or letter as well.
For any questions or complaints regarding your personal data and the protection of your privacy please contact Beachlife. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to the postal address as mentioned below;
Beach House BV
3752 LW Bunschoten-Spakenburg
9050 AA Stiens